Sealing, stopping and blocking pipes where oils, hydrocarbons and petrochemicals are present can cause major inconveniences with many normal stoppers not being able to handle such conditions.
The Pipestoppers® Division at Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® manufactures a Range of Inflatable Rubber Plugs for heavy-duty applications where pipes might contain liquids and gases that usual Inflatable Stoppers are not resistant to.
HFT®’s Lightweight Inflatable Rubber Plugs can withstand temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 70°C (158°F) and are available in sizes from 2 to 78” (51 to 1,981 mm) with each Plug having a wide degree of flexibility in diameter.
Ron Sewell, Chairman for HFT® said: “Inflatable Rubber Plugs are highly resistant to oils, hydrocarbons and petrochemicals. They are used during new pipeline installation or for carrying out routine maintenance and repairs.”
“They seal off sections of a pipe quickly, safely and are very simple to use. Inflation can be carried out almost instantly with a compressor and they can be inflated with hand or foot pumps too”.
The Plugs are manufactured from high quality rubber, comprising a mix of styrene, butadiene and isoprene.
Typical applications include:
• Blocking pipes, tubes, dams, inlets, storage tanks, manholes and channels.
• For use in water, sewage, fluid production (milk, beer, chemicals), petrochemical, pharmaceutical, gas pipeline systems.
• Restricting, diverting and bypassing flow during pipeline maintenance or modification.
• Keeping pipeline free of dirt and contaminants by capping and blocking the ends.
• Can be floated down pipes and stopped at a desired location by holding onto the inflation hose.
The Pipestoppers® Division at Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® supplies a range of Mechanical and Inflatable Pipestoppers® and Plugs to suit every application.